To take part in this years Essay Competition, please email your finished essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline June 30th at 12pm.
CHOOSE ONE FROM THESE TITLES:
1. Should Euthanasia be used in the UK? Explain the reason you think this and what impacts this would this have on the healthcare system.
2. What is your opinion on artificial intelligence and its use in medical practice?
3. What do you believe to be the most important advancement in medicine and why?
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE NO MORE THAN 1500 WORDS
MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST 3 REFERENCES
RESTRICTIONS: YEAR 12 AND ABOVE
EACH PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION!
WINNER WILL BE PUBLISHED ON TWO BLOGS.
- Content will make up the bulk of the marks (55%) – we will be looking for relevant information which has a direct link to the question of choice.
- Standard of English (15%) – we will be looking for good use of English, with minimal grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
- Presentation (15%) – we will be looking for a consistent style of essay, with good use of sections to subdivide the content.
- Use of references (10%) – we would like to see at least 3 references (following the Vancouver system) which are used to back up your thoughts and ideas around the subject. These can be from websites, textbooks, articles, papers, etc but must be up to date within the last 15 years and be relevant to your essay content.
- Word count (5%) – we would like the essay to be no more than 1500 words in length and anything more than this will have a 10-point deduction.
The font and text size will be left up to you, but remember that we want to be able to read the essay with ease!
ALL ESSAYS WILL BE MARKED OUT OF 100 WITH FEEDBACK PROVIDED.
Best of luck to all those taking part – we look forward to reading what you come up with!!